Saturday, August 31, 2013

It's Called Artbooking for a Reason



As many of you know, Close to My Heart has just released a brand, new Cricut cartridge: Artbooking!!! It's nothing short of fantastic!!! Oh the things you will be creating with this cartridge - we don't even know where to begin! So, we decided to show you some of the creations WE have made using this amazing, versatile cartridge It's not just for scrapbookers you know. There are 700 images with a ton of coordinating stamps.

If you don't already have a Consultant that you are currently working with, please contact one of the Consultants in our hop with any questions you have!

In this hop, you will see projects featuring this versatile cartridges from many talented crafty ladies! Enjoy our blog hop! 

If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Lucy's blog – Love 2 Create. If you came from Lucy's blog – Love 2 Create then you are in the right place!

Today I decided to show you that although Artbooking has wonderful scrapbooking layouts all pre-designed for you that you just pick your colours and start cutting or mix and match to make your own, mini-books and all things scrapbooking... it is still fabulous for cards!

I am loving the page laces for card backgrounds like I used in my Halloween card that I made HERE.

This time however, I wanted to show you that with just a few scrap pieces laying on my desk I was able to add a couple cuts from the cartridge and make a card that I am very happy with. 




I used the stamp set Country-Born D1543 stamped in cocoa on colonial white and matted it with a piece of Babycakes B&T paper. I coloured the image with alcohol markers as well as sponged a bit of new england ivy on the bottom and some cocoa and cashmere around the edges. Then I grabbed some scrap pieces of ruby and honey and distressed the edges with cocoa. 

I cut the border image from page 72 at 6" from New england ivy and the leaves from both autumn terracotta and honey. I crumpled and sanded the leaves and then inked directly with the pigment inks and smooshed it around with my fingers until I was happy with the end result (I used cocoa, goldrush, autumn terracotta, cashmere and new england ivy for this). The image panel is raised up on foam tape as well as the swirl is raised up in some parts and stuck flat in others to give it more dimension.

Oh and I should have taken a photo of the inside... but the sentiment inside says "I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck".

This will be going in my pile of cards to send to the Deployed Canadian Military for them to use to send home. I know I would love a card like this from my hubby while he is deployed, so I'm sure someone else will too. :) If you'd like more info on how to go about sending cards to our Deployed Canadian Military please check out the Facebook page I started HERE or contact me and I can send you the info.

Your next stop on our Artbooking blog hop is Jennifer of 4 Hearts Scrapbooking.

Here is the complete lineup in case you get lost along the way:
  1. Lucy ~ Love 2 Create
  2. Darla ~ Crafting is Contagious 
  3. Jennifer~ 4 Hearts Scrapbooking
  4. Wendy Kessler ~ My Scrapbooking Blog
  5. Janna Gray ~ The Creative Princess
Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you.

4 comments:

  1. Love your card Darla! Thanks for showing what can be done with scraps of paper and a little dressing up. The Canadian Military person receiving this is going to love sending it to someone back home!

    http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow such a pretty card. I love the fall theme.

    TFS An'Jenic-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love reading them!!!
Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back (especially if you are asking a question or entering a giveaway!!)


floating share

  
Get widget